Saturday, September 13, 2008

Score

I never get good thrifting deals! (I think it might have something to do with never going thrifting. but whatever.) Lately I've been trying to get ready for potty training and as I do not want to pay big bucks getting potty training stuff for last baby, I've been going into Goodwill quite a bit. The first time I went in to find a potty chair Super L and I walked out of there with a whole set of Mary Englebrights "Afternoon Tea" dishware. $15.00. 8 of everthing!! 8 dinner plates, 8 tea cups, 8 saucers, 8 dessert plates and 8 nice size bowls. We picked it up thinking we'd use it for her birthday party, and any other fancy party she wants for the next 10 years. No potty chair. Went to Walmart and bought one.

Today we went in to find a baby that pees. We came out with a Hobart made Kitchenaid. I can here you all gasp now...Noooo. Yes! I even plugged it in to make sure it works. How much did I pay??? Can you guess??? $100.00.....lower. $50.00.....lower. Lower.... $17.99....*gasp* I know!!!
I even plugged it in to make sure it worked. It did. It had the bowl the whip and the bread hook. The pee doll was totally forgotten. I see a Walmart run in my future. *sigh*

I scrubbed it down with soft scrub to get off all that brown stuff that old appliances seem to accumulate, but other than that it looks pretty good!!! Everything else is in the wash and when it's done I'll take it for a test run!!

Oh yea....I sooo scored!!! We'll see what Super Dad thinks. We are on a pretty tight budget. Any good Kitchenaid recipes???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A KitchenAid stand mixer for $18 is a great steal. Congratulations! When I got mine I made bread every day for about 2 weeks. Then I remembered that I live alone and can't eat that much bread...

Anonymous said...

ahhh
i go thrifting all the time!
congratulations that is a score and 3/4!
i am trying to just be happy for you and not jealous ;)

Becky Jensen said...

thats awesome!! i love my kitchenaid!!