Thursday, August 21, 2008

Last day of paper route

10 days without a post! It's been a busy and tiring 10 days!! The weather was perfect! The last few days it was somewhat rainy and cold, but just a light rain not a a drizzle and the cold was fixed by a sweatshirt with a hood.

Do you see the smile? Super J was smiling right before and after this picture. They were more tired the last day, but still smiling! They didn't want to go, but go they did. (What choice did they have? They couldn't stay home by themselves!) What troopers!

This picture represents the beginning and the end of the paper route for the boys, Super S crying with a stomach ache, and Super A thinking about the money he'll earn for Disney World.
Super S has a very hard time falling asleep at night and waking in the morning, but he got up every morning, although not happy about it, and worked till he was done.

We are so proud of the all the kids!! They all worked very hard despite the early mornings and the sore tummies from waking up so early! Even Super J worked handing us rubber bands to put around the papers and then put the papers in the cart to take to our cars. He even helped push and pull the huge cart!! (With help of course!) At one point I wasn't throwing the papers under the table, for him to get so he could put them on the cart and he got very upset with me. He then reached as far as he could onto the tall table, where I was folding them, and got a paper and had to balance it on his forehead to be able to pull it down! Very impressive if you ask me!

The older Super Boys and I have even toyed with the idea of starting a route. They would love to earn a little money. Super Dad is not entirely convinced that after gas we would really make anything, and the boys and I are not entirely convinced that we could continue to wake up at 2:30 every morning for longer than 10 days and still be able to get anything done during the day.

Everyone's sleepless nights end tonight except for Super S'. Poor boy. He has an EEG tomorrow to check for abnormalities that could mean he is still having partial seizures. He has to stay up until midnight and wake up at 4am so he'll be able to sleep at his 1pm EEG appt.


Becky Jensen said...

doesn't look like too much fun, but they probably learned something?!

Laura said...

We couldn't do it..jake and I...waaaayyy to big of wimps.

jimbo said...

I have to say that poor Sam looks miserable in that picture. I felt sorry for him looking at it. I never did enjoy paper routes, even when I was enduring them.